Thursday 12 May 2011

The Farm

So here it is. My first blog. Pretty great stuff, eh?

Let's start with the farm I live on. It's not a big opperation we run. Mostly just cattle and horses. We raise purebred Charolais', although this year we had some black and red angus surrogates that carried Charolais embryos. Now we have about 8 black cows, 2 red cows and 10 white cows. All our calves are white so it's pretty cute.

On our farm, we also raise paint horses. They are so gorgeous and last week we had a foal. He's so adorable! Right now I'm involved in a rodeo royalty competition so I've been focused on horses a lot more lately. My horse is pretty short but that's okay because so am I. She's also a paint and her name is Oakie Sue. She's about 5 years old and is a very well broke horse. She knows almost everything I want her to do so I'm pretty happy I have her for this competition.

Other than raising the animals we also have to take care of them, of course. Me and my brother feed all of them twice a day. We have to feed them grain and hay and sometimes put straw in their pens and there's a lot of them so it can take a while some days. We also take care of where they are. On the weekend we had to fix the fence because they knocked it down. Not cool guys.

That's the general stuff about my farm. Farm life gets pretty interesting so I'll be sure to keep you posted!

~Miranda~

2 comments:

  1. Good luck in your queen competition! I remember seeing a lot in parades that I have been too.

    ReplyDelete